Saturday, November 6, 2010

New York Bridal...

When we started planning the trip to New York City we had to think about going to Kleinfeld's Bridal Boutique. I knew I could not handle the pressure of TV by being on Say Yes to the Dress, but it still sounded like a cool idea to go and at least try on dresses and see what they have vs. the south. I also looked in Brides magazine and found out about a cool event in the month of October called White Hot Hope where a portion of proceeds at participating stores go to support Operation Smile and other great causes for young women in need.

Here are some pictures of the event. They started off the event in NYC at an open house in Soho. We stopped by for brunch with Randy from Say Yes to the Dress. Other celebrities also were there throughout the weekend including Guiliana DePandi and the Cake Boss from TLC. They had free hair trials, free manicures, cake displays, dress ideas, photography suggestions, etc. It was really fun and a neat experience. Can't wait to see if they feature pictures in the next month's Brides magazine.


This cake was from the Cake Boss. Very classic.

Here are some other interesting cake designs. 

I loved this dress. It was a new dress from Peter Langer's collection. Very classy and elegant. 

Here's Randy explaining how to "Say Yes" to a dress.

He was very funny and passionate about what he does.

Yes, we decided to keep our appointment at Kleinfeld's. The people there were AMAZING. I cannot say enough nice things about everyone there. I worked with Jessica and Joan and they made the whole experience so nice and thoughtful. I was a little overwhelmed though and didn't even get to try on the dress from above so no worries-that is not my dress I am advertising. We did not get a dress at Kleinfeld's but it's not because they weren't incredibly accommodating or their lack of options. I am glad we went, but am SO glad I did not experience dress shopping on TV. It was the end of our trip in NYC. While it was a little stressful, I can now say that NYC is fabulous, but we've got just as many beautiful dresses in Atlanta. If only Pnina Tornai would design down here, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment